Monday, August 15, 2016

08-09-16, Day 1, Ceres System and Kembel

Getting out of atmosphere wasn't a big deal, but figuring out how to jump over to the next planet took a few minutes.

Ceres:
"The Ceres star system was the secondary location of the Infinite, its whereabouts provided by the data chip possessed by Kaliko. (TV: The Infinite Quest)" 
My initial reading of the planet (Dodrarlagthuale) I pointed my ship at was 2 hrs 30 mins, which there was no way I was doing.
 Once I sped up, time improved to 15 mins, which still seemed excessive.  I wasn't reading the bottom left of my screen, which was telling me how to engage my pulse jump because I started dodging asteroids.



 I did finally figure it out though.  And the time dropped to 30 seconds, way more understandable for a game.


 Re-entry was interesting for the first time doing it.



Kembel:
"Kembel is the setting of "Mission to the Unknown" and much of The Daleks' Master Plan. It is mostly covered in large, inhospitable[to whom?] jungles home to many strange creatures. It is described as the most hostile planet known, and only the Dalek forces were willing to use it as a base. However, when the Time Destructor is activated there by the First Doctor, the planet is reduced to a desert."

Kembel, originally Dodrarlagthuale, was like a massive desert.  It felt on initial arrival a lot like the southwest in the USA.  It had some sporadic life, but no real animals it seemed like. Although, I kept hearing strange sounds, which made me think there must be something there, but I just wasn't seeing it. 

After touch down, I began to pick up beacon transmissions.
 At the Tisippon Outlook, I was introduced to a simple puzzle that resulted in map information... well, not map, by location information for sites I could check out.
I discovered a plasma cannon blast that could dig holes in normal rocks that my mining beam hadn't previously been able to penetrate.
There wasn't much on Kimbal.  Found mostly the same type of places as on Messaline with ruins, outposts, drop pods, etc...
  Caves also appeared to be very similar to Messaline.
The climate, despite being a barren desert, didn't give my suit any trouble, although I felt like the battery didn't last that long.  It could be that there was very little Carbon on the planet and I was using Plutonium to power my Life Support system instead.  

It seemed perpetually dark.  Not quite night, but not quite day.  I wonder if the planet's rotation is slower?  Is that something that happens in the game?  Causing twilight to extend for longer?  Not sure what the driver was for that.  Or is it possible the game allows planets to have different angles to the sun for their rotation?  



No comments:

Post a Comment